Higher art educational institution in Minsk. The structure of the Academy includes five faculties: theatrical, artistic, design and decorative arts, screen arts, advanced training and retraining of personnel. The art faculty includes the departments of graphics, monumental and decorative art, painting, drawing and sculpture.
Other faculties of the Academy: the Faculty of Design and Arts and Crafts, the Faculty of Theater, the Faculty of Screen Arts, the Faculty of Advanced Training and Retraining, Master's, Postgraduate Studies and more. Full structure on the official website of the academy .
The Institute also manages two exhibition spaces: the Museum of the Academy of Arts and the Academy Gallery.
Founded as the Theater Institute.
The Theater Institute was transformed into the Belarusian State Theater and Art Institute. The building of the Institute was built in 1953 according to the project of the architect Yakov Shapiro.
The Theater and Art Institute was reorganized into the Belarusian Academy of Arts.
The Academy was named the Belarusian State Academy of Arts.
1945–1946, Mikhail Gursky, first director of the institute;
1946–1957, Joseph Priss, director of the institute;
1957–1958, Alexander Butakov, acting director of the institute;
1958–1960, Vitaly Tsvirko, director of the institute;
1960–1964, Pavel Maslenikov, rector of the institute;
1964–1968, V. A. Zakharov, Rector of the Institute;
1968–1984, Elvira Gerasimovich, Rector of the Institute;
1984–1989, Anatoly Sobolevsky, Rector of the Institute;
1989–1997, Vasily Sharangovich, rector;
1997–2010, Richard Smolsky, rector;
Since 2010, Mikhail Borozna, rector.