January 2 (15), 1908
Born in the village of Molchany (Russian Empire, now within the village of Zastadolye, Senno district of the Vitebsk region of the Republic of Belarus) into a Jewish family.
He studied at Yudel Pan 's private studio.
Graduated from the Belarusian Art College (now the Vitebsk Art College).
He studied at the Artistic and Technical Institute in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg).
He studied at the Kiev Art Institute (now the National Academy of Fine Arts and Architecture) and the Tbilisi Academy of Arts.
Since that time, he has been conducting his creative activity in Minsk .
He worked in Gomel as an illustrator of the poster-newspaper "Let's crush the fascist reptile", and also collaborated in the front-line press.
He worked at the Central Headquarters of the partisan movement in Moscow. After the liberation of Belarus, he returned to Minsk , where he worked as the chief artist of the Government House.
Joined the All-Union Communist Party of Bolsheviks .
Awarded the title of People's Artist of the BSSR .
He was a deputy of the Supreme Council of the BSSR.
Awarded the title of Academician of the Academy of Arts of the USSR. Joined the Union of Artists of the USSR.
He was elected deputy chairman of the Belarusian Republican Peace Committee.
He was awarded the medal of the Soviet Peace Fund and the gold medal "Fighter for Peace" .
Elected Chairman of the Belarusian Republican Committee for Assistance to the Soviet Peace Fund .
He became the head of the creative workshop of the Academy of Arts of the USSR at the department of sculpture in Minsk.
February 18, 1995
He died in Minsk. Buried in East Cemetery.